So, after reading one of thread in LowEndTalk about Ubuntu in the Android, I decided to visit Ubuntu.com to download the image for the Android. But sadly, it’s still not available for public release.
I try the tutorial from the xdaforum, downloaded the Ubuntu image, extract it in my android, and run it from Terminal Emulator, voila. I have a running Ubuntu with LXDE.
But because it’s LXDE, it maybe a little weird compared to GNOME.
I will try another hack to my android tonight 🙂
If you curious about this, you could try the step by step installation :
- Install the Complete Ubuntu Installer from GooglePlay
- Download the Ubuntu 12.04 v.4 Small from Sourceforge
- Extract the downloaded image to the android storage, you will get two files:
ubuntu.img and ubuntu.md5
The downloaded image is ~400mb, but it will be 2GB after extracted. So make sure you have a large storage.
- Follow the command from the application / Complete Ubuntu Installer, click Launch, it will start the Terminal Emulator and start installing the Ubuntu image to the Android storage.
- It will shows [email protected] if the installation completed, and also installing openssh server and tightvncserver so you can connect to your Android later 🙂